As with previous years let's run a keysigning BoF.
What is it?
A key signing party, we verify each other's identity and sign gpg keys.
When is it?
Wednesday Lunch 12:20 Room C2.
Before the event
- Create a gpg key!
- Submit it to this website before the due date of Wednesday night
- Bring good quality photo id.
- (Good quality means passport, drivers licence, proof of age card, bad quality is library card etc. There is no "rule" as to what is acceptable quality - it is up to each individual signer to determine what is "good enough" photo ID, how closely the names should match the UID(s) on the key, etc.)
- Print out your fingerprint (not just the last 8 digits) so you can confirm that it is what you submitted
- Have extra copies of your fingerprint to hand out, print it on your business card if you have one.
During the Event
As anyone can create a gpg with any name and email address nothing is stopping someone from creating a key that is claiming to be you. By getting your key signed is a signal to show that others have verified the accuracy so it is more likely to belong to the person it says. We want to verify two things:
- Who you are
- Confirm that the gpg keys we have for you are correct