From a local who runs in Christchurch a lot a suggestion for routes was:
Add your name here (and contact details) if you're interested in coming for a morning run:
- Michael Still (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pete Johns (email@example.com)
- Michael Davies
- Steven Hanley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Gear
- Matthew Wilcox
- Steven Rostedt (email@example.com)
- Wesley Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jonathan Smith (email@example.com)
- Monday - Run over to Hagley park via the Uni and Riccarton Bush, loop past the Parkrun start and return
- Tuesday - Looking for parks Head North via Illam park, Ray Blank Park, Jellie Park then West to Burnside Park, south west to Westrgrove park and Avonhead park, back toward the start via Crosbie park and any other greenery we can find. Faster runners may choose to run a loop around any track or loop at any given park when we arrive.
- Wednesday - Run over toward Hagley park again but aim for the southern half to do a loop before returning.
- Thursday - I am thinking maybe try a traditional run training session on the Ilam fields track. Warm up of around 15 minutes running around the open field, then on the track do a Mona Fartlek (20 minutes) then finish with some form of cool down. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fartlek#Mona_fartlek
- Friday - Suggestions?
- I intend to do Hagley Parkrun, 8am on both Sat 19th and 26th (before and after the conference) if anyone wants to join in - charcol
- I'll be running Hagley Parkrun on January 26 - Michael Davies
- I'll be there on the 26th as well Paulgear (talk) 23:46, 17 January 2019 (UTC)
- I'll be there on 26th (slower pace) - Katie McLaughlin
Sunday Jan 20
- Anyone planning to run on Sunday 20 Jan? Paulgear - I might just head out to the meeting point at 6 am, and if anyone's there, we can decide what we want to do.