I find running away is a key skill for someone with my sense of humour. Is anyone else up for some morning runs during the conference?
From a local who runs in Christchurch a lot a suggestion for routes was:
- "With regards to nice running, from the university you have a nice route heading into Hagley Park via Riccarton Bush. Also heading through the city and following the Avon river into the Red Zone is interesting, this is where all the houses were brought and removed by the Govt due to land damage. It's now a giant green space with gardens and plantings remaining from its residential days."
For the Running BoF as most years meet at 6am next to the colleges we are staying in to head out for a run. The two colleges (Bishop Julius and College House) are next to each other with the Avon river dividing them, lets meet on Waimairi Rd between the two colleges and then work out runs as we go each day. Pretty flat terrain in Christchurch so likely similar to the last Perth running BoF with faster runners doing intervals out and back to the group a bit and simply exploring the town.
Add your name here (and contact details) if you're interested in coming for a morning run:
- Michael Still (email@example.com)
- Pete Johns (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michael Davies
- Steven Hanley (email@example.com)
- Paul Gear
- Matthew Wilcox
- Steven Rostedt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wesley Moore (email@example.com)
- I intend to do Hagley Parkrun, 8am on both Sat 19th and 26th (before and after the conference) if anyone wants to join in - charcol
- I'll be running Hagley Parkrun on January 26 - Michael Davies
- I'll be there on the 26th as well Paulgear (talk) 23:46, 17 January 2019 (UTC)
Sunday Jan 20
- Anyone planning to run on Sunday 20 Jan? Paulgear - I might just head out to the meeting point at 6 am, and if anyone's there, we can decide what we want to do.