Pride / Ally / Queer / LGBTIQ+
This is the initial landing page for what I hope becomes a beneficial catch up and discussion about how we can improve awareness of LGBTQI+ across the working world (and not just in IT)
Some suggestions for discussion:
- How does your organisation or company approach gender equity ?
- What does your company / organisation feel about gender neutrality (not just bathroooms ....)
- How can we improve our presence in the workforce without being employed or recognised because of our gender/sexuality
- What does your company / organisation do now that is good (or bad) about promoting inclusion
I have not yet asked for or secured a room for our discussions, so will ask or we could just meet up at each lunch break and head off together as a group to grab a bite to eat?
At the very least, please put your name here if you wish to meet and discuss any of the above or have other topics to engage on.
I just want to continue forward with promoting equity in our workplace, specifically when it comes to LGBTQI+, SAGE and STEM in IT
Lunchtime Wednesday Meet Up
Let's meet Wednesday at the entrance to the Central Lecture Theaters and grab a bite to eat and discuss all things LGBTQI+
Paul McInerney / th3v00d00 I am wearing this year's Linux Conf shirt and grey shorts and cap :)
Afternoon Tea Wednesday Meet Up
@mattcen (Matt Cengia) will be on the lawn out the front of the C Block lecture theatres at afternoon tea on Wednesday, wearing blue/pink/purple and being very colourful, bisexual and obvious. Come say hi and meet other rainbow friends, and we can potentially discuss the idea of a lunch on Thursday too.
Indicate Interest in Attending
- Aidan Doak (@aidofthecloud)
- Matthew Cengia (@mattcen)
- Paul McInerney ( IRC: th3v00d00)
- Roman Vaughan (@NZSmartie)
- Tris Healy (twitter: @trissylegs DM's open)