Difference between revisions of "Information for Delegates"
(→Computer Equipment: Code of Conduct)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
recommend you take a look at [https://www.darkmere.gen.nz/linux.conf.au_guide/ The (Unofficial) Linux.conf.au Guide]
== Weather ==
== Weather ==
Revision as of 08:08, 9 January 2019
As well as our information below, we also highly recommend that you take a look at Simon Lyall's: The (Unofficial) Linux.conf.au Guide.
- Christchurch weather forecast, 20C-30C seems to be the range for maximum temperatures. Shorts and T-shirt should work every day.
Getting to linux.conf.au
Where to stay at linux.conf.au
See Schwag Bag
What to bring to linux.conf.au
- Laptop, phone, camera, chargers etc - most people bring a laptop, tablet and other such devices. Free WiFi is available during the conference. Many Delegates enjoy hacking, coding and developing together at linux.conf.au.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a water bottle - Christchurch can have high summer temperatures staying sun-smart and well hydrated is important!
- Clothes and toiletries - adequate clothing and sanitary items to see you through the week should be brought. Remember to bring any medication you may need. We als recommend something warm for late evening.
- Identification and if international, your passport - for registration purposes, we may need to see identification, and if you're a student, we'll need to see your student card. In accordance with liquor laws, you may be asked for ID to be served alcohol.
- Cash or card - you will likely have some incidental expenses during the conference. There are ATMs available at the conference venue, and most nearby venues take card.
Hopefully all goes well with the computer gear you bring to Conf. In case of emergency there is a nearby beige box assembler with a wide variety of stuff available. DragonPC located in the nearby Church Corner Shopping Center at 375 Riccarton Road. A 20 Minute walk or 5 minutes by car.
Code of Conduct
Remember that we are a diverse community. Sometimes this means we need to work harder to ensure we're creating an environment of trust and respect where all who come to participate feel comfortable and included. Please have a read of the the LCA Code of Conduct - and follow it!
What's to eat?
Note that LCA does not provide catered lunches, but nearby Food venues will be open
- Police, Fire or Ambulance: 111
- On-call number: TBA
- After Hours Medical: Riccarton Clinic and After Hours Medical Centre 4 Yaldhurst Rd, 03 343 3661