I'd like to see us have a home assistant BoF. Is anyone else interested?
- Alastair D'Silva - Interested (should it be a bit wider, home automation in general? that went down pretty well last year).
- Michael Still - Interested
- Ben Dechrai - Interested
- Shaun Walker - Interested
- Neal Schulz - Interested
- Michael Davies - Interested
- Mike O'Connor - Interested
- Stephen Edmonds - Interested
- Jason Lewis - Interested
- Daniel Sobey - Interested
Info re-posted from e-mail thread:
The workshop will cover:
- Setting up Home Assistant
- Using Home Assistant with GPIO
- Programming ARM microcontrollers
- Using 1Wire connected ARM microcontrollers with Home Assistant
- Creating automation rules using Node Red
The workshop kit includes:
- Orange Pi Prime (4 core 64bit ARM, 2GB RAM)
- 24V AU Plug Pack
- Custom hat for the OPi, with GPIO broken out, 1wire controller & temperature sensor, DC/DC power supply & pushbutton
- 433MHz RX/TX modules to add to the hat later for RF interaction
- SWD Programmer for programming & debugging ARM microcontrollers
- 2 x 16 Channel 1wire->solid state relay/switch input boards
- 1m ethernet cable to link a 1wire device to the hat (additional devices can be daisy-chained)
- Relay module (for demo purposes, I expect that real usage will use devices such as 5 channel DIN solid state relays)
- 3d printed cases for the OPi &1wire boards (maybe, will see how much time I have available for design)
The workshop kit will come out to between AUD$100 & $150, and is yours to keep. The machine is intentionally overpowered, so you can run additional services as you grow your system.
The extra hardware is all open source, schematics & firmware are available at: https://github.com/InfernoEmbedded/onewire-softdevice
In that repo are also designs for integrated SSR controllers, Aircon zone controllers & RGBW LED controllers. I'll add more as I grow my own system, but it's also relatively easy to contribute your own designs back if you have a specific need.
I've budgeted for 30 attendees (21 spots left at this time), and you can sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fMhuI9Nj5PQ4SVGyEtkQcxBZELwPuUaIfyM5VP8aup4/edit?usp=sharing