On-campus cafes and resturants
There are cafes and food areas scattered around on campus.
In the undercroft building, across the lawn from C-block:
- The Shilling Club, Ground Floor of the Puaka-James Hight Library
- (todo: several more in undercroft, anyone sitting there reading this wanna fill this in?)
If you wanter further afield on campus, there are several cafes in nearby buildings:
- Cafe 101 on the ground floor of the Psychology building, you can see it from the coffee cart parked outside C block.
- Mix Cafe Past the psychology building, in the Meremere building (law school). NOTE: The facebook page says this is closed until February. If someone goes past and it's closed, just delete this entry from the wiki.
- The Reboot Cafe in the Jack Erskine Building (Computer Science dept), open from 7am, coffee served till 3pm.
- 'Ancestral' in the Earnest Rutherford Building. Nice looking place. Closes at 3pm.
- Nuts & Bolts Cafe in the 'Engineering Core'
Off campus to the North West, on the corner of Ilam Road and Creyke Road. There's a shopping complex with a couple places:
- LB & Co Espresso
- Wholly Bagels
- Pepe's Mexican Grill
- (also an accountancy and law firm, but don't eat those)
- New World Ilam, 47C - 57C Peer Street Upper Riccarton, Christchurch ~5 minute walk from the venue
- Countdown Church Corner Riccarton Rd and Hansons Lane 20 minutes walk from venue.
(Note that the Bush Inn shopping centre website implies that there's a Countdown in there, but one LCA attendee found it was absent/closed. The actual Countdown appears to be the opposite corner of the intersection from the Bush Inn Centre; see Countdown stores.)
- The "10 Best Restaurants Near UC" - according to TripAdvisor
- Tandoori Palace (Indian) 71 Ilam Rd
- LB & Co 136 Ilam Rd
- Bush Inn Centre Corner Riccarton Rd and Waimari Rd 19 minutes walk away
- Burger Fuel
- Carls Jr
- Lone Star
- New York Deli
- Tuk Tuk (Thai)
- Corianders (Indian)
- Hachi Hachi (Japanese)
- Pizza Hut
- Shanghai Street Dumplings 
- Little High Eatery 255 St Asaph St 10 minutes drive from venue
- Terrace Tavern 130 Oxford Terrace 10 minutes drive from venue
- Pomeroy’s Old Brewery Inn (highly recommended!) Pub and Restaurant 292 Kilmore Street 10 minute drive from venue
- Smash Palace; Outdoor beers, burgers and bar snacks 172 High Street 10 minute drive from venue
- Volstead Trading Company 55 Riccarton Road 5 minute drive or 30 minute walk from venue
Westfield Riccarton (aka "Riccarton Mall") Riccarton Rd 25 minute walk from venue