LCA2019 has its very own phone system this year.
Phone numbers are 5 digits long.
Please feel free to list your number in the Conference Phone Directory.
Or don't, as you wish.
- Built-in SIP client: Modern Android phones have a SIP client built into them. Go to Phone → Settings → Calls → Calling accounts → SIP accounts to turn this on. Pros: integrates with native dialler. Cons: feature-poor.
- CSipSimple is open source and feature-rich, but has compatibility issues with newer Android versions.
- Linphone is an open source feature-rich SIP client.
On iOS you will have to install an app. Reddit has a few suggestions for apps.
The following seem to be most commonly suggested as they use a push service and don't drain the battery. Both are paid apps.
Bria. 14 day free trial, with monthly or annual subscription (A$1.49/month, A$14.99/y)
Groundwire. A$14.99 once off fee.
You will receive an envelope inside your delegate pack with your login details and a link to the voip help page (this page).
- SIP server (or domain): 22.214.171.124
- Login: see your envelope
- Password: see your envelope
Calling the outside world
You can call NZ numbers, and a limited selection of international destinations.
Possible ways to dial the outside world:
- 0011 <country code> <number>
- 00 <country code> <number>
- +<country code> <number>
For example, these are all valid ways to call the number 0386521453 in Australia:
Countries you can call
- New Zealand
- United States of America
- United Kingdom