Before and after the conference activities
This is a page for attendees to collaborate and find like-minded people doing things before and after the conference.
Before the conference
After the conference
- Paul Wayper (firstname.lastname@example.org) is looking at doing a motorbike tour for one day on Saturday 26th, Sunday 27th or Monday 28th. If we can get up into the mountains and even see the west coast, that'd be great! I'd be looking at hiring a motorbike.
- Aleksandra Pawlik (email@example.com) - Hey! I'm local to Christchurch and will almost for sure be rock climbing somewhere in the area over the weekend (weather permitting). If you want to join me, bring your harness and rock shoes, I've got everything else. Can give a lift to up to 4 people.
- Christoph Lameter (firstname.lastname@example.org) is looking to explore ChristChurch and the surrounding area with his son Dominik (who is looking to enter graduate CS studies) in the week following the conference. We welcome ideas on what to do and people joining us or people we could meet.
Saturday 26th January
- The Hagley Park Run is on at 8am - in lieu of an LCA 5K, let's crash the local run. Runners registered in AU should have their barcodes "Just Work" (they are universal identifiers). Interested people:
- Katie McLaughlin (email@example.com)
- Paul Gear
- The Great Kiwi Beer Festival is on in nearby North Hagley Park
For a broader selection the Wikitravel page on Christchurch has many suggestions.
- "The Founder's Paradox" at the Christchurch Art Gallery 15 Dec – 28 April 2019. The exhibited offers a critique of the hyper-capitalistic vision of Silicon Valley. (RadioNZ program)
- The International Antarctic Centre (Near Christchurch Airport)